In this one day workshop you will be introduced to the basics on how to present in front of an audience. You will be introduced to proven techniques that will help cut down your fear. And learn some trade secrets on the do’s and don’ts on how to make your ten minute or four hour presentation successful. This hands on workshop introduces you to effective presenting – it will also cover other duties you could be asked to perform e.g. auction-eering, interviewing, ad lib etc.
You may be in a position where you have to present to a small or large group – or you may have been called upon to emcee a business or charity event. Regardless of whether the event is a free or paid gig you owe it to the audience to do your very best. This workshop will help you deliver an acceptable presentation – and with practicing these techniques you will fare much better than most. This day will not help correct any speech challenges a person may have.
We all have fears. And public speaking is up there with the top five worst fears of all time. These fears will be greatly reduced once you understand a few principles and how to overcome them.
This course has been run for business and individuals both in Sydney and overseas. And there are many who have benefited and sing the praises of this results driven workshop.
Who Can this Workshop Help?
Anyone who wants to sharpen up their presenting skills including presenters, emcees, speakers, politicians, marriage and funeral celebrants, toastmasters, teachers, university lecturers, musicians, magicians, actors etc. This workshop will also help anyone who has to give a speech. Or anyone who has to present their business, product or wants to sharpen their sales presentation.
Mind Mapping – Can’t find an Idea?
I also include a session on mind mapping – you will discover how a simple mind map can help you plan any presentation – small or big. When asked to make a presentation many people just grab a few notes or scraps of paper and hope for the best. Those days are gone. I have been using mind maps for years with much success. I’ll guide you on how to create these mind maps and how you can tailor them for any presentation.
Present like a Professional – Workshop Outcomes
By the end of the day you will effectively know:-
- How to open and close an event – your first and last words and why they set the scene.
- The correct “order of events” and why this is important
- How to use the microphone effectively
- The use of body language
- How to arrange the pecking order of officials
- How best to read your script and notes
- What to do when a script has been written for you that you disagree with
- How to dress correctly
- How to present with confidence
- How to call on dignitaries
- How to handle a precious speaker or entertainer
- How to handle a troublesome audience
- How to know when to speak and not to speak
- What you need to know before an event
- How not to waste your precious time
- What to do when the audio or powerpoint malfunctions
- What to do when you event falls apart
- Who you need to talk to before an event starts
- Know who you can choose at random
- How to interview a guest or a star
- How to auctioneer an item for charity
- How to tell a joke
- How to calm a nervous guest or speaker
- Understanding your comfort zone and knowing how to say “no”
- How to earn money from emceeing
- How to promote yourself and your business
- How to start and finish on time
- How to rehearse – and why we do it.
- How to create mind maps
Why the microphone distance and projecting your voice is important
As a presenter (with or without a microphone) your audience will expect that you can present. Once you know basic microphone techniques and are able to project your voice your confidence will lift. Throughout the workshop you will learn how to overcome presentation challenges with some simple, tried and tested ideas.
Why this Presentation Course is Beneficial
People from all walks of life have benefited from this course. Many are already working professionally and want to “sharpen the saw”. Others know it will help in their chosen work and charity fields. And some just like a day of networking with like minded people. This one-day workshop gives you the basics on how to present well – it won’t change your voice or make you feel uncomfortable – but it will put you on the right path. Some who have done this workshop include:
- Professional speakers and presenters
- Marriage and Funeral Celebrants
- Business leaders and community leaders
- And many people wanting to overcome nerves in front of an audience
Workshop Feedback – what they liked:-
- The Presentation course was informative and clear and exactly as described. Excellent attention to detail, with variety of teaching techniques and helpful personal coaching.
- The ease and camaraderie that was established amongst the participants.
- Down to earth and experienced advice on the topic.
- Captain Pat’s experience…
- I enjoyed watching how different people presented their topics and learnt most about overcoming fear. Everybody has fears.
- The opportunity to expand and grow my skills
- Networking and having skills reinforced
Each workshop has a maximum of fifteen participants.This gives each person a chance to present a few times each. This is hands on training – you will be presenting to other course members. And at the end of the day you will have a swag of valuable tools to help you on your next presentation. And you’ll present like a professional.